Register for Summer Reading and log your reading on our Read Squared site!
Site hint: Scroll down to see our latest video events!
Here’s the Kick-off Video!
For information about how our digital summer reading program will work, and for instructions about how to register, log your reading, complete challenges, and collect prizes check out this video!
Here is a list of all our summer reading events and a brief description of how things will work this summer.
3 Ways to Make an Appointment to Collect Prize Beads:
- Use our website! In the left column, select “Schedule Your Appointment” and use our scheduling calendar to make a 15 minute appointment to pick up your goodies! Why not put some books on hold while you’re at it?
- Call the library at 603-863-3430 and request an appointment to pick up your beads! We’ll get you all sorted out.
- Email Ms Mo the Children’s Librarian at email@example.com and request an appointment. I will respond by email, but if you include your phone number I will call you first and attempt to sort everything out right away!
Check back here for information about upcoming virtual events, and to view our video challenges and tutorials!
8/13 DIY Wire Wrapped Crystal Pendants– supplies available!
8/11 Make Your Own Friendship Mask Charms
8/7 Make a Fairy Crystal Ball
8/3 DIY Stick Wand Making tutorial
7/20 Make Your Own Fantasy World Map
7/16 Build a Fort at Home or in the Woods challenge!
7/13 Fairy and Gnome House Challege
7/3 Unicorn Bookmark
Here’s some more ideas for your unicorn party!
- Print your own unicorn bookmark from home template: http://newport.lib.nh.us/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/unicorn-07012020120153.pdf
- Mo’s Unicorn Storytime: https://www.facebook.com/70560149993/videos/2583834861886145
- Uni-Pop-corn snack recipe: http://newport.lib.nh.us/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/Uni-pop-corn-1.pdf
- Find your Unicorn Name: http://newport.lib.nh.us/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/Unicorn-Name.pdf
- How to make unicorn slime video instructions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zml-f97JVg8 and recipe: http://newport.lib.nh.us/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/Unicorn-Slime.pdf