Richards Free Library- LOCAL HSITORY LIBRARIAN
1. Catalog resources to insure that historical materials are accessible to the public.
2. Maintain the historical collections through inventory, conservation, and preservation procedures.
3. Work with other local historical organizations to promote the preservation and interest in New Hampshire history.
4. Add to the historical collections by soliciting materials and recommending for purchase of suitable materials.
5. Provide reference services by responding to genealogical and historical information inquiries.
6. Assist patrons with library needs. Provide quick reference, detailed research and reader’s advisory assistance.
7. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Strong computer skills and comfort learning new databases
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Comfort with presenting to groups and teaching classes
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, staff of other libraries, and the public
- Ability to conduct oneself with tact and courtesy
- Be physically able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation
- Cataloging experience or coursework
- Customer Service experience
- MLS or within one semester of graduation
- Interest in local town, state, and regional history
STATUS: This position is part time: 18 hours per week, one evening per week.
HOURLY RATE: $20 per hour
CLOSING DATE: November 26, 2021
GOAL STARTING DATE: January 3, 2021
TO APPLY: Please send cover letter and resume to Justine Fafara at email@example.com