Newport’s historic newspapers can now be searched online!
The libraryâ€™s 123 rolls of microfilm have been scanned and indexed. You can search by name, event, date or key word. Â GO to:Â richards.advantage-preservation.com.
* Recommended browsers: Â Firefox, Explorer, Safari, Chrome.
* Make sure the most recent version of Adobe Reader is installed on your computer. See the HELP page for Firefox and Chrome.
* Install Adobe Reader tools on the toolbar, especially Snapshot, Advanced Search and Find.
* Search by word, â€œphraseâ€ or OR
* To search, type in word or â€œphraseâ€ and hit Enter. Results are returned by relevancy or frequency of occurrence.
* Use the Search tool to find your word on the page. First occurrence of term will be highlighted. Press Enter for next.
*Use Snapshot to print a section of the page. Highlight selection, release mouse, click OK. Click on Print tool to print, or copy to another document.
*To search by date click on Title, Year, Month, Day.