Richards Free Library Meeting Room Policy
Richards Free Library 58 N. Main Street Newport, NH 03773
The Richards Free Library Board of Trustees offers four meeting rooms for use by community members. The Hale Room has space for groups of up to ten people, the Yeomans Room up to eight people, the Orange Room up to ten people and the Ballroom is available for groups up to fifty people with approval of the Library Director.
These rooms are available free of charge to Newport nonprofit organizations engaging in educational, cultural, or charitable activities or events, although donations to help with the upkeep of rooms are always welcome. These rooms can be reserved by contacting the Library Director. Library sponsored events and activities are given priority.
These rooms are offered to commercial organizations or for private social functions. The Ballroom is available for $50.00 a day.
Rules Governing Use of Library Rooms
- The responsible person must be over 18 years of age and be a resident of Newport or have a Richards Free library card in good standing.
- Rooms may be reserved for no more than once a month by one organization. Exceptions to this rule may be approved by the Library Director.
- Reservations can be scheduled up to one month in advance.
- The Library reserves the right to cancel any reservation in case of emergencies.
- The Library reserves the right to revoke the use rooms at the discretion of the Library Director.
- Any organization renting a library room is responsible for letting it be known that their meetings or events are not endorsed by the Library.
- Rooms are only available during regular library hours.
- Rooms must be left clean and orderly.
- All rubbish must be removed.
- Furniture replaced to original position.
- Windows closed and locked.
- Floors swept or mopped if necessary.
- Bathroom cleaned if necessary.
- All lights turned off.
- Nothing may be attached to the walls of any meeting room.
- No alcoholic beverages may be served at non-library events.
- No smoking is allowed on library property.
- Groups or organizations using the library rooms are subject to all Library rules and may not disturb others.
- The Library must be notified as soon as possible of cancellations.
- The Library does not provide audio-visual equipment.
- Individuals must provide proof of a certificate of insurance before approval.